1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Floor Mat Fixation Grommets Disappeared?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jimolson, Oct 1, 2018.

1. jimolson

jimolson Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Has any reader of this forum found a replacement for the round grommets that are part of the drivers side carpet where the floor mats are anchored?

By 100k miles on the odometer both grommets disappeared, probably falling into the 1/2" diameter holes in the carpet where they once were crimped.

Without these grommets, Toyota's plastic floor mat anchoring clips have nothing to anchor to.

I have "Toy'ed" with the idea of purchasing 1/8" winged & spring loaded toggle bolts and retrofitting them with shorter screws and washers. However, I suspect these steel fasteners would be rusty and bleeding brown on my carpet by Christmas.

I've wondered if anyone makes an oval-shaped blind plastic fastener that can be pushed into the grommet-less hole. The other end of this fastener would pass through the hole in the floor mat and secured with a threaded or snap fastener on the top side.

SFO likes this.
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The dealer should have them?

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I actually have a couple new ones I can send you of you need them

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    maybe just get new carpets

5. Max Johnson

Max Johnson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I am having this same issue, I just noticed that they're gone, cause I keep pushing my mat all over the place. How much would they cost at the dealer @JC91006 ? Or how much would you send them to me for (if you still have them). I have a 2008 prius btw.

6. Max Johnson

Max Johnson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    UPDATE: Looks like they are about $5 or so on ebay, but I called my local toyota dealer he told me that they are listed 1 cent but that they are supposed to give them to you for free due to all of the unintended acceleration issues with the 2nd gen priuses. So yeah call your toyota dealer and ask how much they are, or if it's too far away just order one for $5 on ebay.

They are called "floor mat retention clips/hooks" and part number is 08210-00820.

Skibob likes this.