1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Floor Mat for Underfloor in Trunk?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by gring40, Aug 26, 2006.

1. gring40

gring40 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Does anyone know of a floor mat for the underfloor area in the trunk which holds the jack & lug wrench, etc?

It's just bare metal now, and could use a mat of some sort to protect it and make it more useful for keeping stuff there. Is this a DIY project, or can I get one somewhere?

2. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I've never seen one for that space. Actually, you're the first person I've heard asking about that particular space. I'll look and post what I can find...... sorry for no immediately response.

3. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TechLite @ Aug 26 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]309802[/snapback]</div>
    Are you talking about the area under the spare tire?

Not much spare storage space there.

I have seen dividers for the plastic tub above it where the tools are stored.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I leave the plastic tub in...it takes very little more room than if you completely removed it.

I've never found a commercial product to fit into that, but I purchased a heavy-duty commercial grade rubber backed carpet (4' x 3' size I think) from Sams and cut it to size to fit neatly into the bottom of the plastic cargo container.

This is nice b/c it helps muffle some of the rattles of the plastic tray, it keeps stuff in the plastic tray from sliding and bouncing so much, and, I think, it looks a little better.

I haven't had the 'floor' in the back for months as this additional space makes the usable height and volume of the cargo area much bigger.

5. harper42

harper42 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 27 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]310282[/snapback]</div>
    I just discovered, thanks to another post, that that floor will fold and stand up and there is a built in stand to hold it open. The floor cover carpet is unnecessary if I to this. So I just folded it horizontally, with the rubbery side out. Laid it in the storage area, flaps coming up the sides. Makes a nice cushiony cover.