1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Floor mat Hold downs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Tickwood, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Tickwood

Tickwood Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I obtained Toyota rubber floor mats. there are holes in the drivers side mat that line up with holes (depressions) in the floor. Are there supposed to be pegs or something similar that utilizes these holes? Nothing came with the mats.

2. trapperjohn

trapperjohn Junior Member

If you look on the floor just in front of the drivers seat there r 2 hooks the swivel around.
    These hook inside the holes.

Bryan

3. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Be careful, though; one of my hooks and the grommet that held it in place came right out. The grommet fell under the carpet where it will live. The grommets are not very well attached. Frankly, I don't think the hooks are necessary at all as my passenger mat does not have them and it doesn't slip.

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

The hook design used for the Prius is a disaster, compared with the design used in VWs. Removing the Prius' mats is difficult, the hooks rotate 360 degrees, placing the mats back is difficult, and the hooks are prone to break. It couldn't be worse. We're lucky the hooks are present only on the driver's side.

5. Tickwood

Tickwood Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I ain't got um. A search of the floor fails to find any such hooks. The floor mat under the front of the drivers seat appears to have two flaps in the right area pre cut as if something was supposed to be mounted there.

Were they an option?

6. KathyY

KathyY Member

I think that the hooks came with my floor mats and they just snapped into place. I got the mats after I got the car.

7. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm dissatisfied with the $10 plastic mats I bought at Pep Boys the day the car came in, but I want blue mats. I cleaned the other day, and at least 40% of the gripper-nubs on the back of the mats had broken off. The driver's side mat, which gets 98% of the foot traffic in my car, never stays put.

Has anyone seen mats with good grip that come in blue? Carpet is OK; plastic is fine...

8. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Can't help with blue, but I got some very nice high-quality plastic/rubber ones at costco after a posting by another Yahoo group member. They were only $20 I believe, but they've lasted very well and have kept all manner of crud off of the carpet.

Best Prius investment I've made (aside from the car itself that is)

Dave