1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Floor mats for new Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by seekingsimplicity, Oct 22, 2007.

1. seekingsimplicity

seekingsimplicity New Member

I just got a brand new 08 Prius and would like to keep it looking new!

I have kids and a dog (the dog may sometimes need to ride in it) and wondered if I should get the clear mats for the floor.

I know I can turn the mats around to the rubber side but have you all found that sufficient?

Thank you.

If you have them where did you get them?

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have the clear ExactMats, which I really like for their looks. The drawback: They don't have a lip around the edge or grooves in the middle to trap dirt and water. For that reason, if I was routinely hauling kids and dogs, I think I'd choose something else.

You might consider WeatherTech mats. Not clear, but should work well, considering who your passengers are.

Both are available through the PriusChat Shop.

3. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What color is your interior?

We have the tan and I replaced the light tan mats with a dark brown that contrasted well and we're much happier with them. I do use OEM rubber mats in both cars for the winter though.

4. skandale

skandale Member

I have the WeatherTech FloorLiner and CargoLiner mats and I am very satisfied.

The rear seat mat is one whole piece across the width of the car instead of two separate pieces. Covers the whole floor very well. And they have a higher lip around the edges so that snow/water/other spillage stays on the mat.

-Stein