1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Floor mats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jsorger, Feb 23, 2004.

1. jsorger

jsorger New Member

I noticed in someone's post that Prius floor mats cost $184!

When I received my car, sans mats back in October (and was told that they were on backorder), I picked up some grey mats at Costco for $20. They look quite nice with the beige interior since they match the graphite color of the dash assembly...

2. cybele

cybele New Member

Yes, it's steep. But I went ahead and got them. It includes the cargo mat which fits exactly. They are rubber backed and can be flipped over for when you're carrying messy things, like plants or sandy, damp wetsuits.

Also, the front floormat has a two holes that mate up with the two hooks on the floor. I find this a great feature as it keeps them exactly where you want them. I once had aftermarket mats in my Camry and nearly hit a lightpole in a parking lot when the mat got all bunched up under the brake pedal.

3. rockluvr

rockluvr New Member

I have the floor and cargo mats - the dealer was not willing to remove them from the deal when I bought the car. Personally I don't think they are worth it. I have the beige interior and as it is so light and shows all dirt. In fact, I bought cheap Walmart clear plastic mats to put on top of the mats to catch the gravel and dirt from the winter - a bit insane really when you think about it - mats to protect mats! Still, I'm glad I did that as they are really dirty now!

4. Joel

Joel New Member

I ordered a custom set from matdepot.com - the fit perfect and work great. Perfect match for the gray and maroon interior too.

INVOICE DETAILS
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Qty Product Price ExtPrice PartNumber Options
    1 Custom Automotive Mat Set(s) $43.06 $43.06
    2004 TOYOTA PRIUS
    Rubbertite Set(s)
    -- 3804730.0 - 4 PC CAR MAT SET

Rubbertite Color: Grey

1 Ground $12.29 $12.29

TOTAL: $55.35

5. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    In my excitement about getting the color and option package Prius at MSRP, I neglected to ask if there were floor mats in the car. I too balked at the 184 bucks and, if this car I'm getting does not have them, I have a nifty set of maroon carpets that will look nice against the beige interior and seaside blue exterior. I also have a pair of blue pilows for the back seat for an occasional nap. The colors will look great together...but, then, I'm gay and we're supposed to be good at colors. In my present car, I have rubber mats large enough to cover the carpeting when I'm going up to the snow, camping or whatever. I keep them in the trunk when not needed. For the cargo area, I use a plastic table cloth or one of those blue Home Depot tarps. Works fine even if not designer elegant. I'd rather spend the 184 bucks on something else.
    B

6. bbridgewater

bbridgewater New Member

Geez Bob, your Prius is going to be a rolling interior design studio! What color curtains are you putting in it?!

Beth
    (P.S. Thanks for the email!)

7. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm having trouble with the curtains, though, because I can't find a sloping curtain rod and I don't know whether to put the draw cords on the driver's end or the passenger end of the windows. The guest room will be sweet and snug, though. Vinyl car flooring is the latest thing.
    B

8. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

You can get the heavy rubber winter mats at Sam's Club for about $20.00. They fit perfectly and are of good advantage in winter weather with snow, etc. They have several colors. They have deep channels to catch melting snow.

9. rockluvr

rockluvr New Member

George,
    That's about what I paid and they sound similar with the grooves. The trunk mat is a bit larger than the trunk is, but it can be trimmed down (I didn't) - but it doesn't have the deep grooves like the floor mats do.

10. ifftster

ifftster New Member

when i picked up my prius this past february, the dealer gave the mats to me at no charge. clearwater toyota, FL. not quite trusting i looked at all the paper work to see if the cost was hidden some where, but it wasn't.

11. Dauth

Dauth New Member

If you still want to get "authentic Toyota" mats, I have found this place to be reasonable in cost. At least you pay less than the $184 and you can buy the rear mat separate from the passenger mats. They are a division of Conicelli Toyota in Philadelphia

http://www.partznet.com/toyota/prius/04INTERIOR2.html

12. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    When i ordered my prius the sales exec said he'd include mats for free. I took delivery last month, no mats! i put up a bit of objecting, but i just wanted to get out of there with my prius. the next day i checked if they had mats for sale, they were out of stock! how can they be out of stock? do non-prius owners buy them? i was told they'd need to order them for me. They said probly 1-2 month's wait. :? So i went to Costco and got their mats, $20. True they got soiled easily at first, but i got fabric/carpet protectant and sprayed it generously, and it worked, better than without the spray at least. I'm thinking of getting those mats that you cut out to fit exactly for the cargo area.

13. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Question re: the Toyota brand floor and cargo mats: Are they machine washable?

(I've had rubber mats in my '87 Honda Civic since I bought it (new) -- didn't know if any of these new-fangled carpet mats (with reversable rubber backing) could be dumped in the washer, or even taken to a cleaners.)

Thanks in advance!