1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Floridians

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ifftster, Sep 1, 2004.

1. ifftster

ifftster New Member

Good luck to all you Floridians. Charley just missed me. Hoping this one does to. Gonna try squeezing my prius into my small garage and cross my fingers.

2. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

Thanks, same to you, Charley missed us by about 15 miles acording to the radar I was watching online (run by the national weather service)

3. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My wife pointed out the projected track to me. It looks like it will be close to Gainesville. My brother lives there and said they didn't get any rain from Charley.

4. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

Dip! :(
    Yeah we didn't get any wind, we got less than a 1/4 inch of rain from the system, my mom's dog kept asking to go out for a walk (which upset me because I thought there was a major system headed our way and she wanted to deficate in the grass, way more than her normal schedule)

5. Oxygene

Oxygene New Member

The center of Frances passed within 10 miles of my house. We had wind gusts of approx. 70 mph; not enough to do any major damage, unless an oak tree fell on your house or car, which, luckily, didn't happen to me. I'm inland and over 200' above sea level, so no flooding at my place.
    Some other folks in the area aren't so fortunate.

Charley passed within 15 miles, but we were on the "good" side of that tightly wrapped storm and actually got slightly higher winds from Frances.

Winter can't come soon enough from me. Those of you who pray, please say a prayer for all Floridians at this time of stormy weather, loss, and high anxiety.

6. FloridaShark

FloridaShark Member

Well just got back all the services for the house.
    Fortunately only had a little more roof damage and it was confined
    over the garage area. Even though Charley did tons more damage this one seemed like it would never end. We had day after day of wind and rain. And then the tornados broke out Monday afternoon.It played so many mind games with you. We had wind gusts to about 70mph in the Orlando area also. Now Ivan is lurking and the forecast for that storm changes day by day.

7. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

This was my first hurricane, I didn't like it :(

8. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

And to top it all off, Ivan current trajectory has it slamming Florida from the South and going straight up the state.

9. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Member

nobody told the state it was time for an exam, but it wanted one anyway

(sorry for the crude joke if it offends anyone)

my city will not survive another hit, and we didn't even get hit hard with frances