1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FM Radio Problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Dave of Woodstock, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Dave of Woodstock

Dave of Woodstock Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have had a very annoying problem with my 2007 Prius radio. I listen only to FM, and there are many FM stations in my area, but NONE of them come in clearly in my Prius. I have the premium JBL radio, the FM stations sound great in my other 2 vehicles, but they are unlistenable in my Prius. CDs in the Prius JBL radio sound great, so it is not the amp or speakers. The dealer has swapped out the radio, but no improvement. He says all Prius radios are the same. Could it be?

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No, the FM reception is okay. Have your dealer check the antenna and antenna lead.

Tom

3. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Revisit your dealer and have him let you try the radio in on an identical car to compare.

4. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I agree that sounds like a faulty antenna, cable or connections, or the FM radio is just faulty.

5. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The FM reception in the Prius is the worst of any car I have ever owned. I use my iPod a lot more now.

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Mine works fine.

Tom

7. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The Prius radio is using digital-tune. Can't you try to manually tune one of the FM stations frequency you familiar with and see how it sounds?

Below the touch screen display, the radio has 2 circle turn-nods.
    The one on right-hand side can be used to tune radio station manually. Avoid using the Seek function on the radio if too much interference presents.