1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FOB Auto Lock

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by rsforkner, Apr 29, 2008.

1. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I found a couple of older threads on this, but no resolutions. I sure would like some kind of mod that would automatically lock things up when I walk away. Based on some of the discussions it would need some kind of off switch for some situations.

I'm thinking something like 15 seconds with no FOB in range and lock things up. Push the defeat button and 2 minutes with no FOB and lock it up. That would allow for carrying things in from the car without constant unlocking. One argument was you could lock your wife in the car if you ran back into the house for something. Since she always has a FOB in her purse that wouldn't really apply to my situation (unless she forgot her purse). Yes it does happen!

Since previous discussions of this are a year or two old, I was wondering if anyone knows of anything new in the market.

Just Dreaming,
    Bob

2. metal_chair

metal_chair Nashville Prii Unite!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I too need this.

3. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Apparently you and I are the only two people interested in this. Oh, well, I still like the car.

Bob

4. metal_chair

metal_chair Nashville Prii Unite!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Im sure it can be done all the tech is there just need someone to figure it out.

5. pauleknight

pauleknight Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ME too Me too...

I would love to have the car autolock.

I believe that my wifes old gas guzzler MERCEDES did it or maybe her Lexus, but now we both have Prii and are happy.

Thanks

6. pauleknight

pauleknight Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ME too Me too...

I would love to have the car autolock.

I believe that my wifes old gas guzzler MERCEDES did it or maybe her Lexus, but now we both have Prii and are happy.

Thanks