1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fob Battery Dead or odd alarm setting?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by coleyhl, Jan 24, 2007.

1. coleyhl

coleyhl New Member

The other day I decided to test the alarm fob button on my 2006 Prius and see how far it would pick up from the car. I walked toward the car, stopped, pushed the button, nothing happened, I got closer and closer and still nothing.

Finally when I got to my car I smart keyed in and somewhere between the door opening and the car cranking the alarm started going off- finally (although unnecessarily so since I was in the car at that point).

Does anyone know what the alarm button on the fob is for if not for a panic mode? And how can I get my fob to go to this panic mode?
    Heather

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hlesc @ Jan 24 2007, 12:17 PM) [snapback]380228[/snapback]</div>
    leave it in your pocket when your changing the oil, that normally sets it off for me, with the resulting hearing damage that occures. Seriously I usually just push it and it sets it off. Question was the car locked when you tried the test? not sure if it makes a difference or not but I've accidently set both of ours off by having the key fob in my pocket and rolling over on the couch and Bleeep Bleeep Bleeep. With the cars outside in the car port.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    that is unusual.

did you press and hold the button?