1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fob case

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jennjay, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Jennjay

Jennjay Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just saw a fob case available on ebay from priushoods. Looks nice.

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    only 17 left

3. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Actually they are nice. We had a security system put on our VW camper van and the fog plastic broke after quite a time. We had to put a new security system in since they no loger made the fog- this would have prevented us from breaking the fob.

And of course the Prius fob is not cheap to replace...grin.

4. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jennjay @ Aug 10 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]301050[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the tip.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Aug 10 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]301071[/snapback]</div>
    Make that only 15 left. ;)

The belt loop on the back is what sold me. Will be nice to get the big fob out of my pocket.

5. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the description is says "Brown", but I'll hold out for a black one. Putting Petsmart Petperks cards between the fob and keys isn't working, my fob keeps getting scratched up. I never thought of a case, it would be perfect though because I never use the fob, except once to change the door unlocking pattern for the SKS...

Edit: I just remembered I had a stupid little "mini keychain" digital camera that I got ripped off on years ago, the quality is no better than some of the first webcams and the second you pull the battery your pictures are gone. Worst $40 I ever spent, but I just realized that it's case fits the fob almost perfectly!
    http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/image...camera-hand.jpg
    http://images.savontv.com/im/nwimages/mini-digital-3.jpg
    Maybe this will be a temporary fix until I can get a black case, then this one can be used on the spare fob and I'll finally throw the camera in the trash after all these years...

6. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Send Robin an e-mail with a request for a black one. Could be she has one in the works. I requested and got a matching leather driver's side dash cover to match the glove box covers. She has them in her line-up now. If she doesn't have any black, she may work one up for you special.