1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FOB

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by derh2o, Jul 31, 2007.

1. derh2o

derh2o Junior Member

we just purchased an '07 prius and would like to know how to set the fob so that all doors are opened when a front door is touch. The manual makes mention of it on page 23, but that does not seem to work for me, although it may be my problem. The dealer wants $75 to do it and I thought one of you might know. We also just purchased an '07 Camry Hybrid and will want to do the same to it.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Wow. That's a really good question. I set mine about three years ago and haven't thought twice about it since.

Try this:
    Press and hold LOCK and PANIC together on the fob. (I think pressing lock first before quickly pressing panic might help). That'll change the setting. Every time you perform that, you cycle through 3 settings

Default:
    Touching the driver's door will only open the driver's door
    Touching the passenger's door will open all doors
    Touching the hatch will open all doors

Setting 2: Touching any door will unlock all doors

Setting 3: Touching any door will only unlock that door

It sounds like you want the second setting. I can't remember if it beeps at you or what. You will probably need to test the setting between each cycle to figure out which one you've activated. Or once you know where you started, just count the cycles.

Keep in mind that this is only for when you touch the handle. If you want to change the settings for when you press the "unlock" button on the fob, then you really will need to get the dealer involved. However, by default, if you hit the "unlock" button twice in rapid succession, you will unlock all doors.

3. beboyle

beboyle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dean D. @ Jul 31 2007, 08:45 PM) [snapback]488473[/snapback]</div>
    It isn't clear from your note whether you followed the instructions in the manual. Just to be clear, with the car off you press and hold the Lock button on the key fob, and while holding that press and hold the Panic button (doing it in this order avoids accidentally setting off the alarm). Hold both for at least five seconds, until you hear one or more beeps from the system. It actually took over 10 seconds when I did this, so you may want to try holding them longer if this process didn't work for you before. Also keep in mind that there are three modes which it will rotate between, so if you did this more than once you'll have to repeat it until it comes back to the mode you want.