1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fog adjustment

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ammiels, Apr 29, 2005.

1. ammiels

ammiels New Member

Does anybody know if it is possible to adjust the fog lights? I would like them just a little tad higher.

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I don't think there is any way to adjust the fog, that's just a factor of nature. Maybe a really big fan might blow it away.

Oh, sorry, was going by the post title. After reading your post, you meant the fog LIGHTS! :)

Yes, there is an adjustment screw behind the adjustment hole underneath the car. I may have posted a diagram or at least the repair manual text on it somewhere.

3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yeah those factory "fog" lights have really poor beam pattern and reach. They're decorative only, not functional.

4. bobc

bobc New Member

Yep, as Danman mentions, there are adjustment screws on them. You can get at them by just dropping the the plastic pieces underneath the fender corners. These pieces are also the wheel wells but you don't have to take them completely off. You'll just need a 10mm socket and a flat headed screw driver to pop out the plastic grommets.

In the photo, you can see the adjustment gear. Can't remember if it takes a Phillip's head screwdriver or not....

5. ammiels

ammiels New Member

Thanks. Next warm dry day and clear night.