1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fog Lamp Lens

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by scott180, Oct 24, 2010.

1. scott180

scott180 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    A stone hit my passenger side fog lamp dead center and shattered the lens. Toyota wanted hundreds of dollars to replace it. I think I can get the parts I need online to replace for about $100.

It looks like I have to replace the entire fog lamp assembly. Has anyone done this? How difficult is it. I found posts on replacing the lamp, but no one who has tried this.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :bump2:

I'm bumping this thread because one of my fog lamps is burned out. Is this something I can replace myself? How hard is it?

And, of course, also address Scott's question.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I'd like to know too. Our foglight lens cracked due to heat 2 winters ago (snow + really hot lens = one stressed glass panel).

Tony, if you're just replacing the bulb, it shouldn't be too hard. I think there was someone installing a factory set of fogs so there must be a DIY PDF somewhere around. I know the manual is very helpful (please see your dealer for foglight replacement or something to that extent). If it's anything like the Gen 3s foglight layout at the back, it just requires a whole bunch of underbody panels removed to access the back.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Great. Thanks.
    I'll do a PriusChat search for "DIY PDF".

(for those playing along at home, the PriusChat search engine pukes at words of three letter or less. this was a joke.)

5. Blackmamba

Blackmamba New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A burnt fog bulb is different from a broken housing. In the case of a burnt bulb all you need to do is reach under the panels of the car and unhook the bulb from the socket. Putting the new bulb in is a bit tricky however cause you basically have to "feel" your way around.

6. Blackmamba

Blackmamba New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1 person likes this.