1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fog light beam pattern.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by mad_evo, Feb 23, 2013.

1. mad_evo

mad_evo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I need some help. I purchase ebay fogs and the light pattern on it sucks. I shines all over the places.
    Should of order it form prius shop. It might of work better. Anyways I already drop $80.00 on the ebay crap and don't want to spend big money if I don't have too. Anyone who has fog light that gives a nice beam pattern let me know where you get it, how much it cost and if you have any picture of the beam pattern would help. I have search hours on Priuschat and couldn't find any picture so I signed up and post the first one. Appreciate any one who could help the noob here.

2. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Fog lights are not suppose to throw a beam pattern instead it is wide spread with a top cut off.
    If you are looking for a driving light beam pattern, get a pair of driving light bolt on.
    In my opinion, the factory fog light is useless.

3. juejaimon

juejaimon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I bought the same 80 Flea bay fogs. I think Prius chat sells the same ones. Can someone confirm?

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Unfortunately, the OEM type reflector foglights have a poor cutoff. I bought a pair of LED halo foglights with projector foglights, and those had even worse cutoffs. Furthermore, they didn't have SAE or DOT on them either.

I'm trying to reduce or eliminate the glare from the OEM foglights as well. I am going to try putting slats or louvers over the foglights to cutoff the glare. Will post results in my thread, "Glare reduction in OEM foglights."

5. mad_evo

mad_evo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The problem with the ebay one i have is it dont have the cut off your talking about. I tried to aim it down and the cheap crap came apart inside. Upon inspection, the design is just poor. After more research on the internet there is another design that looks like it would be a better one.

6. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Make sure you see an SAE stamp on the lens. They usuually have a cutoff pattern. Try doing this. Face your vehicle against the wall and cover your headlights. You should see the cutoff pattern fo your foglight.

7. mad_evo

mad_evo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I tried that and the cut off is way off and not clean at all. All most like putting hid in a reflector head light. I could see glares and streaks in the light patterns.

8. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just posted a thread here and you can see the beam pattern of the foglights Re-aimed Foglight - more benefits | PriusChat . The foglights here are OEM valeo brand.

9. mad_evo

mad_evo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks, that is what I'm looking for. The ebay stuff does't come any where close to that. I will be getting the oem Valeo fogs. I really like the beam pattern of it. I think most of the people on here that complain about the fog lights being useless is because they have the cheap ebay stuff.