1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

fog light cover cracked

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by arvind, May 2, 2009.

1. arvind

arvind ape

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi

I noticed that my fog light was out... took the car into magnussens toyota in palo alto and they told me that I needed to change the entire assembly. It would cost me about 120 dollars. I opted just to replace the bulb instead and figure out how to patch the half centimeter long crack. THey told me that moisture etc can cause the bulb to burn out.

Does anyone know of a clear epoxy or anything that I can apply over the fog light cover that is heat resistant enough? I looked for just the fog light cover online and could not find any...

Any ideas?

thank you!

2. Dobey

Dobey New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Couldn't you just make your own cover? Take the old one out, get some thin plexiglass, cut it to the appropriate diameter and affix to the existing fog light dome using a high temp epoxy like J-B Weld...

Or go to a junkyard and look for a used Prius fog light assembly...

1 person likes this.
  3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I would try to repair the lens crack with something like this:

IPS Weld-On 16 Cement: TAP Plastics

You should have a Tap Plastics somewhere nearby. You could also check out the local hardware store or Home Depot for similar plastic adhesives. You want something that will dry clear.

1 person likes this.