1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fog light cover

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mullen28, Jan 24, 2010.

1. mullen28

mullen28 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you can help me with this.
    As I was walking towards my prius today I noticed that on the drivers side the plastic
    vent around the fog light was missing. I have no idea if it just fell off or someone pulled
    it off or what. The fog light bulb is still there and works fine, I'm just not happy about the
    way it looks and if that plastic vent piece held the light in place, I'm worried someone could
    pull the light out. Anyway, I'm trying to find out where I can find a replacement aside from
    a dealership which would probably rip me off for that small piece of plastic.
    Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The cover does not cost much.

It has a MSRP of $20.12, and Parts.com sells it at discount for $13.90 plus shipping (but I suspect the shipping cost will equal or exceed the discount):

Auto Parts - Parts.com, For Every Part of Your Life

If I were you, I'd call your dealer and see how much they would charge.

3. mullen28

mullen28 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! this totally helped. I just ordered one. I don't want to bother with the dealership.