1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fog Light Mod

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by marjam, Jul 23, 2006.

1. marjam

marjam Member

I am moving this post to the main forum in the hope that someone might see it who missed it in Prius Mods.

Has anyone in the greater Washington DC area done the mod that turns the foglights into DRLs? I would love some help doing this as I am worried about doing it alone!

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I hope you find your answer, but by putting this in a forum where it doesn't belong, you're kinda defeating the purpose of organized chaos... :)

3. marjam

marjam Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ Jul 23 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]291007[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, Brandon, and although more people have seen it I still haven't got any hits. If you know how to delete it from this forum please do so or let me know how to. :eek:

4. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think the only folks who can delete or move posts are mods and admins. I'd just let it be.

5. mastergunnera8

mastergunnera8 Junior Member

What's a DRL? I am looking to increase the usefullness of the fogs on mine to match the HID...

6. marjam

marjam Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mastergunnera8 @ Jul 23 2006, 06:28 PM) [snapback]291118[/snapback]</div>
    A DRL is a daytime running light, the ones you see lit up on GM cars and some others. Since the Prius' foglights don't work well in fog, some have done some rewiring to make them light up without the headlights on so you can use them during the day. Unfortunately this has nothing to do with making them better fog lights.