1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

fog lights are prewired?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by KeepitSimple, Jul 13, 2014.

1. KeepitSimple

KeepitSimple Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have 2013 Prius c 3.

Removed my front bumper and noticed a light harness on each side for fog lights.

Has anyone used the factory wiring to install a fog light lit? What parts are need and a writeup?

2. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    its going to take a decent amount of work. the wires might be there but the relay and switch are not there. so you would have to find out where the harness goes and see what connections are being made. i bet there isnt a fuse for them either. so you are looking at least finding the harness to attach a switch in the cabin, finding out if there is a relay and fuse installed.

its much more easier to run a new harness.

3. w2kpugsly

w2kpugsly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    There is a thread on this forum about the fog light kit. This is the link most people are using from what I can tell. Toyota of McDonough Parts — 00016-47160 Toyota Prius C Fog Light Kit (there are instructions on the webpage too.)

I have a C3 and am thinking about doing this as well. I have the bumper cover off right now so it would be easy to do. There is another thread that talks about replacing the left hand turn signal stalk with the C4 version so you can control the fog lights from their instead of wiring a switch.

4. legoadan

legoadan Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Off topic a bit, but once you install them how do you turn them on? Is it on the regular light dial? Do you get an extra button somewhere?

EDIT: I found it, it's in the instruction manual. You get a new button next to the controls to adjust the left and right mirrors.

[​IMG]

#4 legoadan, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  5. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I bought the Toyota of McDonough one early last year and installed it on my C. It took me a couple hours (mainly since everything is so cramped in that car), but relatively straightforward and completely worth it to me. The fog lights are actually brighter than the headlights now.

6. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    There is a thread which explains that for the C3, you only need to get the lights, bulbs and stalk. No need to wire it up like a c1/c2.

KeepitSimple likes this.
  7. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  8. Mark323

Mark323 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Glad I got the C4, this does not look easy peasy.