1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fog Lights in Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Charles Ingalls, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Charles Ingalls

Charles Ingalls New Member

A quick question. My prius should be arriving late this week. I asked my dealer if his toyota mechanics could install some after market fog lights. He talked to the tech and the tech said there is no way he would touch that and recommmended that I didn't pursue it if it was not done original with the proper factory package. I asked why and he said he didn't want to mess with the electrical system. Is this true? Should I not pursue getting this done somewhere else? Has anyone here tried anything like this. I would really like the fog lights, even they they don't work, I just want that look on the front grill with the 2 cool lights.
    Boy I never had worry about this with my 2 horses and wagon.
    Charles Ingalls

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've seen one or two with PIAA foglights. It shouldn't be a problem for an aftermarket installer (e.g. Circuit City?)

3. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Ingalls @ Jul 17 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]287621[/snapback]</div>
    Here is the original Toyota part number for the fog lights 81211-52070 times two. Left and right are the same part number. The grilles that surround them are 53112-47030 and 53113-47030 (left and right) The bulbs are standard 9006 bulbs that can be found in ANY auto parts store. The wiring I got on ebay. Here is what I used...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03-TOYOT...008636179QQrdZ1

The kit had the correct plugs for the bulbs. It had a relay even a switch. A simple positive and negative connection. No big deal. From the outside they look stock because they are.

The original grilles pop right out. Gently pull them out. The lamps literally snap in. The bumper is molded for them even on the non fog light cars. The new grilles also snap right in. It couldn't be easier.