1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fog lights inoperative

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by n8b5150, Mar 12, 2008.

1. n8b5150

n8b5150 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've had my Prius Touring for nearly a year now and tried to use the fog lights for the first time recently (in fog, ironically). I didn't notice a difference, so I checked them when I arrived at my destination, and they are not lit. I thought it could be bulbs, so I picked up a pair and went to change them. The first bulb I pulled looked brand new with the filament intact. I did some investigating and here is what I found:

Good fuse in the FR Fog spot, 12v there.
    I can hear the relay click when I flip the fog switch with the headlamps on. Voltages check out.
    No voltage at the bulb connector.

Is there something that I'm missing, a loose connection in between relay socket and bulb socket? I haven't torn anything apart yet to trace down the wiring. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Since it is an 07 and is still under warranty, why not take it back to the dealer?

3. Gilbert

Gilbert Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    not like the fogs lights on the prius help at all...

4. n8b5150

n8b5150 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am going to mention it when I take in for my next service. I was just wondering if there is something else I can do in the meantime.

5. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The only thing more disappointing than turning on the fog lights and finding they don't work is turning on the fog lights and finding out they don't do anything when they are on.
    I agree with above, Warranty.
    While your at it, ask for your pre-delivery fee back as they didn't do it right if they missed the fog lights not working.