1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fog Lights Out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by HY106, Dec 13, 2016.

1. HY106

HY106 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Hi

So I bought a pair of 9006 55w halogen bulbs to change on my currently installed 18 smd led bulbs. I changed one side and turned it on and the new halogen bulb started heating up quite fast. So I removed it and put back the led bulb.

Now my fog lights dont light up. I have checked the fuse box under the hood but where it says DRL thereis no fuse there. I dont know what else to do. I really need help.

Btw its an imported Japanese prius if that helps.

#1 HY106, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. Kevin_Denver

Kevin_Denver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's a separate fuse for the fog lights. See picture (can't guarantee accuracy though - this is for US 2006 model, most likely it is the same for all 2nd gen Pri-i). This is the fuse box that's behind the driver's side headlight. The DRL fuse would only be there if you have daytime running lights. Generally these are only equipped in Europe.

Prius Fog Light Fuse Location.PNG

3. HY106

HY106 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Thanks Kevin I hope thats the problem. Will check once I get home. So I cant use a 55w bulb? the factory bulbs were 51w. Maybe the bulbs were faulty.

4. Kevin_Denver

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    55W halogens should work no problem. The fog housings are glass and will get too hot to touch with 55W bulbs in there, but nothing will melt.

5. HY106

HY106 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I used a different fuse which looks like the pic I attached its sticking out a bit and not flush I couldnt find the factory fuse, will it be a problem?

Attached Files:

6. Kevin_Denver

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So long as it fits snug and the fuse cover fits over it, shouldn't be a problem. You used a mini fuse; The Prius uses micro fuses (sometimes called blade fuses or micro blade).