1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fog Lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jackkpts, Jan 11, 2006.

1. jackkpts

jackkpts New Member

The 2006 Package 4 or 5 does not have fog lights. Can these be added at a moderate price? It is a difficult install? Thx.....JGK

2. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know, but if they can, I hardly think it's worth it. They don't seem to do much.

3. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

Adding stock foglamps would be expensive, difficult, and pointless. Instead, you could try brighter aftermarket lamps that could be made to fit the stock grille cutouts. The stock ones just don't cut it, they are so dim (at least compared to the HIDs they come with).

Another option would be to convert your headlamps to aftermarket HID. I believe there are kits that fit stock halogen lamp assemblies. You'd get the brighter light, good cutoff (doing the job of the foglamps), with no rewiring of the steering column.

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Aside from looks, I see no point in installing the stock fog lights.

5. justinc

justinc New Member

I totally agree. The foglights have been disappointing to me.

6. Darwin23

Darwin23 New Member

I'm all for my prius looking good, and fog lights definitely gives it a better look.

what do you guys think of these two items on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Priu...sspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-2005-2...sspagenameZWDVW

i'm concern about 'local stereo shop' installation. can they void the warranty or damage the car? prius is not the conventional vehicle...theres lots of computers involve in there.

7. jdjeep98

jdjeep98 New Member

Not intending to hijack this thread, but, speaking of wimpy stock foglights...
    Didn't someone recently convert their stock foglights to HID? I was pretty sure I read that, but I can't find the thread.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program... ;)

8. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Maytrix, jamarimutt, justinc,

How much serious fog/snowfall do you drive through? On the two occasions when the weather has merited them, they've worked for me.

In nasty snowfall, they helped pick out the lane markings, and in some very serious fog, it was easier making slow progress using them than the headlights.