1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. eastcoaster618

eastcoaster618 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does my Prius 4 have fog lights? How do i turn them on or are those just the turning signals?
    thanks

2. car78412

car78412 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The Prius IV does not come with fog lamps. Only the Prius 5 comes with the fog lamp option. You can get them installed on your 4 if you wish. the lights on the bottom front are turning signal lights only. If you look closely, you will notice the blank cut outs for the fog lamps.

3. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Nope, only the V has fog lights. You can purchase an excellent kit through the Prius Chat store, they are OEM quality at a great price. I have them installed on my III and I'm very happy with them. Search the forum for Fog Lights, you'll find several threads talking about the kit, how to install them and pictures of varoius folks installations.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Our Canadian model is similar to the V, at least for the 17" rims and fog light inclusion. In the six months or so we've had the car, I've yet to have an opportunity to use the fog's, ie: to encounter fog. OTOH, to be fair: I'm not the principal driver.

I've switched them on/off a few times, and found it's actually pretty difficult to even detect that they're on, comparing light coverage. I've driven a Honda Pilot recently as well, that also has fogs, and turning those on makes a pronounced increase in peripheral/ground lighting, in comparison.

IMHO, the 3rd gen Prius fog lights are mainly ornamental. They will make the front end look more complete, and will marginally improve visibility in fog, once or twice per year. :rolleyes: