1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Folder names don't show in MP3 player

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by JoeRaber, Mar 7, 2011.

1. JoeRaber

JoeRaber Not my real name

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I burned a MP3 disc with my MacBook Pro. Put it in my 2011 Prius Model 2 MP3 player and the folder names don't show. I had named the folders by artist, but they show as 1, 2, etc.
    Any ideas how to fix this?

2. Oldgoat

Oldgoat New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Delete the .* files produced by the mac filesystem EG .trash etc

3. hamil33

hamil33 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I probably lucked onto this mp3 approach, but it works. I rip them using Windows Media Player. I then save each disk file to my "Music" folder in Win7. After that (something like thousands of times), I simply copy the desired folders and paste them on my 32 gb memory stick. Then I Plug it into the USB plug in the armrest box of my 2011, and it's good to go. I have hundred of CDs on that stick and it has room for 30-40% more music. All the tags are then visible on my screen. Good luck. You may have to "Windonize" your Mac to use my method. BTW, I do have an iPad!! so I am no Mac basher.

4. Oldgoat

Oldgoat New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ON your memory stick do all the folders get listed on the folders display screen? When I have more than a screen full of folders the scroll buttons are not highligthed so I can not navigate to them. They do seem to play as I can use the steering wheel to selelct next folder and it will go there. I just can not scroll to them using AUDIO Folder display. Thoughts?