1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Folding passenger seat further

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Jim at Growing-Faith.org, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Jim at Growing-Faith.org

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Does anyone know if there is a way to fold the front passenger seat further forward or further backward? I'm guessing there is a stop built in somewhere. I was wondering if that could be bypassed or modified.

Thank you for any help.

2. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just a wild guess here.......I'm too lazy to go out and try it...............
    In the forward direction, the padding for the back will contact the padding for the seat: stop.
    In the backward direction, the seat back will contact the back seat: stop.
    If the range of motion is less than that there might be a way but you don't want to weaken the seat structure because that's part of your crash protection.

3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you are attempting to get lots of stuff in there, you can't really go forwards, it doesn't do the coupe thing where it lifts up from the floor and hinges forwards. However you can fold it so the back of the seat that would normally touch a passenger becomes the top to the folded rear seats. First remove the passenger headrest then you can get it to go flush with the rear seats when folded flat. I've used this method to move many very large IKEA pieces.

4. Jim at Growing-Faith.org

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I was just wondering if there was a stop pin or something I could file off to get it to fold further in either direction. Forward it barely goes vertical. Backward it isn't quite flush with the rear. The driver's side folds further forward than the passenger side.