1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Font colors

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by jkash, Sep 14, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I still can't figure out how to use the font colors and sizes. I would like to have the URL in my signature be another color, but don't know how to do it. Can someone please advise.

Thanks.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    While Danny and others can probably explain this better than I can, I'm pretty sure it's just like HTML tags. In these examples, I'm replacing the brackets with parens so you can see them. If I didn't do this, the parser would convert them to code.

Once you enter some test, you highlight </span>it and click the "Font Size" drop-down arrow to select the desired size. Like I did with the word "highlight". Note that you have to enter the text first, highlight it, THEN change it\'s size.

The code it generated looks like this:
    [font=Courier New:535bc458b3]Once you enter some test, you (size=16)highlight (/size)it and click the "Font Size" drop-down arrow to select the desired size. [/font:535bc458b3]

Use the same principle for Font Color.

Now, if you want to stack parameters, you simply build them from the inside out, just like HTML. So if I wanted my big word, "highlight" to be big and red, I simply highlight the word again **but not the tags around it** and change the font color.

Now the code looks liks this:
    [font=Courier New:535bc458b3]I simply (size=16)(color=red)highlight (/color)(/size)the word again. . .[/font:535bc458b3]

Hyperlinks will be fun.
    Build the hyperlink first (which you apperantly already know):
    (url=http://home.earthlink.net/~jkash1/)Mr. Kash\'s Prius Site(/url)

Now just repeatedly highlight the text "Mr. Kash\'s Prius Site" and add whatever affects you want. I\'ve managed to make this:
    <span style=\'color:red\'>Mr. Kash\'s Prius Site

And its code looks like this:
    [font=Courier New:535bc458b3](url=http://home.earthlink.net/~jkash1/)(size=16)(color=red)Mr. Kash's Prius Site(/color)(/size)(/url)[/font:535bc458b3]

Just keep adding stuff like bold and italic the same way. Usually, what I do is set it up and then play with the tags by manually adjusting the color, or size, or whatever. And Preview. Previewing is free, you should do it often.

I hope that helps a little.