1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Food Combinations: What do you like which turns others stomachs.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, May 14, 2007.

1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Some food combinations just go good together . . . like steak and potatoes, pizza and beer, wine and cheese, milk and cookies, etc.

But what strange food combinations have you tried and love, but it makes others cringe?
    On the flip side, what food combinations have you tried which made YOU want to hurl?

ME:
    The Good:

A large flower tortilla cooked/heated/browned on a gas stove top and then wrapped around a nice cold or room temperature banana. YUM!

The Bad:
    1) Cranberry sauce chased with a drink of milk. [seriously danny, we need the puke emoticons back!]
    2) A black olive stuffed with a green jelly bean. OMG! That tastes nasty!!!!!!

What are your good / bad food combos?

2. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I LOVE banana and mayonnaise sandwiches. It's apparently a Southern thing, but I didn't know that until I went to college. Most of my friends think they're hideous.

I still love them--my favorite sandwich. It should be on white bread, though, and only Kraft or Hellman's mayo. And the bananas must be perfectly ripe--not green, not spotty. (Now, though, I do occasionally use honey wheat...)

Peas and carrots, while a typical mixture, make me wanna hurl because I hate both peas and carrots.

3. iaowings

iaowings New Member

I like eggs with mustard especially hard-boiled. What’s weird is I hate mustard unless it is on eggs.
    Oysters in my macaroni and cheese.
    Green olives in spaghetti.
    I eat a lot of weird food combinations according to my friends so my list can go on and on.

Watermelon eeewwww yuck I cant stand even the smell. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    One of my all time favorites is a peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich.

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think the most bizarre combination I eat is....sushi and cheetos.

Mostly I like pretty tame combinations like chili with potato chips.

I don't do spicy but I do like stinky. My favorite is aged imported provolone cheese, sharp enough to cut the roof of your mouth. Delicious with a crisp, fresh roll. But it does smell like ripe gym socks and I have been asked to eat my lunch elsewhere.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

My food tastes are waaaaay too tame for this thread. ;)

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    DH has this thing for mixing ketchup and mayo. it looks disgusting, and in 7 years of seeing that i have yet to actually have a desire to try it.

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 14 2007, 11:51 PM) [snapback]442213[/snapback]</div>
    It's called salad dressing, especially if you put in some relish.

9. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hmm. I like to try weird food out...but when it comes to food I don't like, at all, it's simple tuna. Just smells...funky.

Of course, I love Vienna sausage, so what do I know.

10. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Do plain crackers with Frank's red-hot sauce on them count? No cheese or anything else... just crackers and red-hot!

Oh and something a friend turned me onto last summer - slice a pineapple, soak it in rum overnight, rub it with honey, then grill it... Not the most natural combination, but oh so good!

11. Stevep

Stevep Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ May 15 2007, 08:08 AM) [snapback]442335[/snapback]</div>

Limberger cheese and onion sandwich. Tastes great, but the smell is offensive to some.

Anchovies in salad, on pizza.

Hot sause on everything.

12. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Liver sausage and butter sandwiches.

Soon after, vegetarian.

But seriously, you meat eaters should check it out. They were tasty.

13. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You guys scare me! :p

I thought I was weird for enjoying a fairly tasty Midori and Milk beverage. Tastes like bannanas!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ May 14 2007, 11:47 PM) [snapback]442256[/snapback]</div>
    Roman: You know what the gourmet here wanted? Hotdogs! You know what they're made of, Chet? Huh? Lips and 5$#@oles! ~ The Great Outdoors

:lol:

14. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As I kid, I used to like peanut butter and bacon on toast.
    Other than that, I am an extremely plain eater and abhor most food combinations. Every single thing listed above would make me gag.

15. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stevep @ May 15 2007, 09:00 AM) [snapback]442371[/snapback]</div>
    A Caesar salad is NOT a Caesar salad without anchovies. They are also good on bread as a tapa. They should not go withing three meters of a pizza, however.

One of my favorite sandwiches is the Reuben, which I'm sure started out as a fraternity prank. "Let's make a sandwich with pastrami and... hmm, what's the most unlikely thing I can think of - I know! Sauerkraut! "Yeah! And swiss cheese!" "And, and, and French dressing!"

While we're at it, I HATE "fusion cuisine". If I want Indian food, I'll eat Indian food. If I want Mexican food, I'll eat Mexican food. If I want sushi, I'll eat sushi. I will NOT eat a curry sushi quesadilla, thank you very much.

16. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Just got back from a Hong Kong market and tried Sichuan preserved vegetable.
    Very tasty looks bad but goes well on a sandwich to pizza slice it and enjoy and after a few very hot just like the name says "Sichuan" (Szechuan)
    here is a link you can see it:
    http://eatingasia.typepad.com/eatingasia/2..._but_tasty.html

now the bad a friend made me try cottage cheese and ketchup AWFULL TERRIBLE the WORST

17. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ May 15 2007, 02:24 PM) [snapback]442584[/snapback]</div>
    that reminds me, DH put cottage cheese on his mashed potatoes the other night. Wth?!

18. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 15 2007, 12:41 PM) [snapback]442606[/snapback]</div>
    out of sour cream :)

19. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    People have different tastes... Although not generally "bad" mine are different than many...

I had stufed peppers the other night. No big deal, right? My wife wouldn't go near them...

Big mexican chili pepper stuffed with chorizo, jalapeno, and pepperjack cheese grilled on the BBQ with hot sauce... Hmmmmm.

I really enjoy fried chicken livers, and calves liver with onions. I really like good sashimi (meat and seafood) and when in Osaka awhile back I took a liking to fried octopus "balls"...

I was the weird guy in college who would drop a raw egg into a glass of ice cold vodka and call it "breakfast"

20. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ May 14 2007, 08:01 PM) [snapback]442120[/snapback]</div>
    Ahhhh, with some peanutbutter and lightly salted? Didn't the King like those also?

Hmmmmm, my truly repulsive food has to be Durian.

Tastes sort of nutty fruity with a consistancy kind of like a stringy avocado dipped in custard but smells like rotted Kimchi that has festered in the sewers. :lol: I'm starting to salivate! If a ripe one falls from a tree and hits you it will cause sever injury or death, happens every year in Southeast Asia.

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tnthub @ May 15 2007, 04:34 PM) [snapback]442828[/snapback]</div>
    Ok I'm pretty sure I just threw up in my mouth there a little bit but I caught it and I'm good now, thank you. <_<

Wildkow