1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Canadians: ecoAUTO Rebate Program

Discussion in 'Prius Tax Credit Discussion' started by mabelair, Oct 2, 2007.

1. mabelair

mabelair New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    For your information, <strike>Canada's New Government</strike> the Government of Canada has started accepting applications for the $2000 tax credit on Prii purchased or leased after March 20, 2007.

Information is available here at: http://www.ecoaction.gc.ca/news-nouvelles/20071001-eng.cfm

Application forms are guides are available at: http://www.ecoaction.gc.ca/ecotransport/ecoauto-eng.cfm

Enjoy your $2000, new Canadian owners of Prii!

MAB

Edit: You'll note the 2008 model list is not available yet. I called a friend of mine over at Transport Canada who's indicated that the list should be coming out in the next two or three weeks. They've had some delays (suprise surprise!)

2. grand total

grand total Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ecoAUTO Rebate Program application forms are now available.

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Got my check after about a month! Do submit your forms, they will pay. Watch the govt. of Canada site for when the 2008 is approved, then submit for that car.

4. mabelair

mabelair New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Glad to hear you got a rebate.

I spoke to the Transport Canada reps on Monday, and they told me that while the 2008 list isn't out yet ("any day now, we want it out before Christmas"), they will accept applications for the 2008s and hold the applications until the list is released. They will be processed in a first-come-first-serve capacity.

So that tells me that (contrary to popular belief) there will actually be a 2008 list and the cheques for 2008s will be flowing soon.

MAB

5. larlipop

larlipop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The 2008 Models is listed on ecoAUTO program site

I just checked the ecoAUTO program web site. The 2008 models is listed now. Yeah, I can now finally apply and get my $2000.

6. mabelair

mabelair New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  7. cuttooth

cuttooth Aficionado

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was filling in my ecoAUTO application this morning when I noticed that my provincial registration says "butane" under fuel type. I'm not kidding.

Last time I checked, there aren't any vehicles that run on lighter fluid...

Is this Alberta's way of fighting our first steps towards a break from oil dependence? :lol: