1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For DC, WV, VA, and MD Priuschatters here...

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by livelychick, Mar 8, 2007.

1. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So, thanks to chogan who turned me on to the option, I recently changed my standard Dominion VA Power supplier to the Pepco Green Energy option. The rates were a little confusing, so I was holding my breath until the first full month bill came in. It winds up being only about $20-$30 more a month than what I was paying. Of course, that's relative to the month, but I can only imagine it'll be double that increase (at the most) when AC season hits.

Just thought I'd let you all know. It was not an option I knew existed, and apparently, it's available in good ol' Midlothian, so it may be available in your area.

Of course, with reregulation on the horizon (did the bill pass? I haven't heard...) it may not be around for long... :angry:

Anyway, here's the site if you're interested. http://www.powerchoice.com/NaturalGasElect...ty/default.aspx
    :D

2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I looked into that myself. Unfortunately, it isn't within our budget right now. Maybe Dominion VA Power will increase their rates so it will be less of a budget hit, comparatively . It's good to know that it is indeed possible in Midlo.

3. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Mar 13 2007, 10:13 AM) [snapback]404824[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, it wasn't in mine, either, but I wiped out a few going-out-to-lunches (which neither my waistline nor my wallet needed), and it made up for it.

Bee-yoo-tee-ful day here, idn't it? :D

4. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Mar 13 2007, 11:20 AM) [snapback]404829[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know. I'm inside. :( Maybe I'll get out at lunchtime.

Saving moeny on lunches is a good idea. Right now all of our extra money is going into the house. We didn't mean to buy a fixer-uper, we bought a house that is more of a fixer-fixer.