1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Curt trailer hitch

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by gone2green, Apr 11, 2008.

1. gone2green

gone2green grumpier than the grumpiest old man you know ;)

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Here is a Curt trailer hitch for your prius, I am taking it off our 07 prius.
    I was given a truck so now I do not need to have this mounted on the prius, we just put our bikes in the bed of the truck or tow the trailer we have. (Trying to save the miles on the prius it is 1 yr old and we have 34000 miles on it already,) Will sell the Curt hitch for $80.00 plus shipping by ups. or come and pick up in person. located in Missouri

2. fmi

fmi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Darn, now I just need a Toyota Prius to go with the hitch. :) Just holding out for the 09 models....

3. gone2green

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    :pIf going to hold out wait til the 2010 model should be lithium ion propelled.

4. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Don't you mean dilithium!

Already got my hitch, for the past three years, you should let people know if it is the hitch with the modified flat bar over the tailpipe or not. Plus, $80 isn't much of a deal unless someone can pick it up and install themselves.

5. dex20000

dex20000 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Do you have some pictures and specs, please post? 2" or 1.5". What is the condition?

6. gone2green

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    It is the NEw modified hitch with the flat bar so it does not burn the plastic with the exhaust.
    it is 1.25" receiver , I will even throw in the wire harness already re pinned so it is plug n play so you can have lights. $80.00 plus shipping or come pick it up. Remember you will get the $40.00 wiring connector that is now a plug n play and have lights all for the low price of $80.00 plus shipping

as for as savings it is a great price, I have seen them now for as much as $210.00 and that is not installed either.

It is in good condition or in my opinion very good condition.

here is a link on the wire harness:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-t...-plug-play-trailer-wiring-harness-almost.html

it is very easy to install, I am disabled and did the install myself. using a floor jack to hold it up while mounting.

I will try to post some pics of it.
    BTW,
    If you do a search here on priuschat, you will more than likley see my red prius with the hitch , I have posted pics here before with my trailer and an atv on it and the hitch by itself.

7. gone2green

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Tom,
    I did not forget about you.
    Just have not been able to get the hitch off yet to weigh it.

I did look under the car at the hitch, there is some scrapping on bottom of it and some rust. I thought it would have looked a little better.
    Nothing wrong with it just where it had scrapped the ground with low clearance it has some rust.
    when I get it off I will post pics before I repaint over the rust area .

So if you still want it let me know after the pics have been posted.

See I don't have access to the car all day , wife takes it to work. I get the truck, 4x4 more fun..:p

8. dmoranz

dmoranz New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am interested in hitch if first buyer does not take it. PM sent

9. RonRay

RonRay New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I will buy if it is still available.

Thanks.

Ron