1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale For Sale Gen2 Fob Brand New - WITHOUT SKS

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by ydpplqbd, Nov 15, 2019.

1. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    For sale: 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Toyota Prius Remote Keyless Entry Key Fob

$50 with free S&H to lower 48 states. Prefer payment by paypal.

I erroneously purchased this fob for my 2006 Prius with the Smart Key System ("SKS"). This fob has never been used or programmed (the fob is brand-new).

Please note, this fob does NOT work for any Prius with the SKS system (SKS system allows owner to unlock door when merely close to car with fob and start car without putting fob into the dash slot).

A Prius with SKS system will have a black button on the door handle for actuating the locking of the car. This remote will NOT work with Prius that has SKS system (IOW, if your driver door has the black button on the door handle then this fob will NOT work). Additionally, a factory original fob for SKS system will have a CHROME Toyota emblem on the back.

However, if your Prius does NOT have the SKS system then this remote should work for you (as long as your Prius does not have the black button then this fob should be compatible).

I paid $65 for this fob on ebay. See: For 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Toyota Prius Remote Keyless Entry Key Fob | eBay

Attached Files:

#1 ydpplqbd, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019