1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For SALE in SoCal: Set of 4 Prius Tires w/ 85% tread life!

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by Aerolite, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Aerolite

Aerolite Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The tires were just sold.

Hello fellow board members,

I am selling a set of 4 tires that came straight off my 2010 Prius from Toyota of Huntington Beach; Doral SDL 65 A, 195/65R15 91H M+S. They are in excellent condition, have seen only about 600 miles on them and should be good for 45,000 miles (on warranty).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unlike most tires, they are just as good as the OEM in terms of low rolling resistance. These tires can regularly get higher mpg than the EPA estimate. Below is a screenshot of my morning commute with these tires equipped:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only minor matter is one tire had a tiny screw in it. To be safe, I got the area professionally patched at Allen Tire Co. in Costa Mesa... now the area is stronger than before!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Would be happy with $180 (or best offer) for the set. PM if interested.

2. antech5

antech5 Member

Doral tires are one of the worst rated tires out there, these are only $50 new as I contacted my tire store for prices and he does not recommend this tire for any car. We all know anyone who gets those kind of mileage on a prius as pictured above is either cruising at super slow speed(55 mph on the freeway) on a flat road or going down a grade no matter what tires you may have on your prius. Why are you driving 55 mph on the highway set on cruise, minimum speed limit is 65 mph. Anyone will get the same gas mileage going 55 mph on the highway, especially on the 605 with no traffic those are unrealistic gas mileage average.
    Would appreciate if you are just up front about the tires and let the person judge for themselves.

JMD likes this.
  3. Aerolite

Aerolite Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Although these are not name brand tires like Bridgestone... the price for the set reflects such. No, those consumption numbers did not come off "a super low speed cruise", I was going 55 mph (cruise control set) on the 73 and 405 freeways in Orange County, CA. I regularly meet and exceed the 50 mpg mark on them... just letting people know they get the same milage as the OEM tire.

4. Aerolite

Aerolite Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Will consider lowering the price for any reasonable offers :)

5. Aerolite

Aerolite Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a local Sale pending. If you have any offers let me hear them.