1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Speeders, Hybrids Suck Gas 

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jkash, May 21, 2004.

1. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    For Speeders, ALL CARS SUCK GAS!

3. adrenalinwill

adrenalinwill New Member

Great quote!

Bill Gausman, who regularly posts his mileage on GreenHybrid.com, said, "I'd have to throw an anchor out of my window to get mileage that bad," referring to drivers who report receiving less than 40 mpg.

It's funny to think people actually complain to dealers about their milage. It wouldn't be any different than complaining about the 0-60 acceleration or the lateral g's achieved. Mr. dealer, I was three seconds slow in the slalom course and my 1/4 mile came in 8 MPH below posted!

Another quote from teh same article:

Gausman considers the Prius the "Mona Lisa of engineering design" for its ability to balance the use of the electric motor and gas engine.

4. plusaf

plusaf plusaf

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    "Owners of hybrid cars are finding that how you drive is just as important as what you drive, at least when it comes to gas mileage. "
    :rofl: well, DUH, guys!

ever look at your instantaneous mpgs as your car goes up and down hills? maybe 25 up a gentle grade, and the obvious 99.9 (wish it were more accurate :D ) going downhill....

well, they've got to write something to get paid....

5. toyoprius

toyoprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm scratching my head over this quote, though. And from a Toyota engineer?!

"Toyota engineer Dave Hermance said that weather, driving conditions and driver habits can cut fuel-efficiency by up to 30 percent. Hermance said drivers who slowly roll through intersections using "California stops" are decreasing their mileage. 'If you don't stop, you don't get the free energy of regenerative braking.'"

6. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It could be a case of "lying for Jesus", saying something false as an attempt to motivate people to do the right thing.

7. bookrats

bookrats New Member

"Lying for Jesus" sounds like "screwing for abstinence" -- an oxymoron.

8. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Funny you should mention that :_> In the Campus Crusade For Christ one can usually find a few women who are happy to f*ck for Jesus, trying to lure innocent unsuspecting atheists into their cult.

Obligatory Prius content: if you fold down the rear seats the cargo area will accomodate a mattress.

9. altaskier

altaskier New Member

Maybe Toyota has also figured out how to make perpetual motion machines? Either he was misquoted, or he needs to re-take his college physics course.

10. boa8

boa8 New Member

Right ! [Broken External Image]:http://www.smailiki.nm.ru/dur/dur04.gif
    Prius is good enough - no need to be too religious about it. [Broken External Image]:http://www.smailiki.nm.ru/polt/daz.gif