1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For the Coastal experts..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jazba, Oct 28, 2007.

1. jazba

jazba New Member

Everything i think is hooked up properly in my venture to install the coastal tech unit to unlock video but when i hit the mode button to cycle through, the DVD option never comes up. The only wire that i couldn't find anything to plug into is one of the ends of the BLUE adapter that the has the input for the video.

Any ideas?

btw its an ultimate lockpick 3

2. 4n6

4n6 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    With mine,

1st I have to hit disc/aux untill is says DVD
    2nd I have to hit Audio
    3rd on the touch screen hit picture

I Hope this helps

3. jazba

jazba New Member

Yeah thats what i try doing, but when i hit the cd/aux button... DVD never comes up. It's as if i never installed the coastal unit

4. jazba

jazba New Member

great costal is out of the office until next tuesday. i get to drive my half nice person put back together prius till then yayy.

Any body have any idea what the problem could be, besides a bad unit?

5. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jazba @ Oct 31 2007, 01:13 PM) [snapback]532954[/snapback]</div>
    What type of video input device are you using as the DVD source? Is that hooked up and powered?
    If so you should also be able to access the DVD source selection through voice command button.

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Two problems I had at first.

#1 Using a portable DVD player I had to be sure I hit the "source" button that changed the video output from the portable's screen to the A/V output cable.

#2 There are two up/down buttons on the steering wheel for volume or changing tracks. I have to hit those bottons to switch between the normal hybrid energy screen and the DVD video screen. This is assuming you already have the "mode" in DVD. When you hit the up/down buttons you must wait a brief moment for the screens to switch so do not hit them back and forth quickly.