1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For the EV Switch guru's

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by 9G-man, Jul 25, 2005.

1. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I understand when one does the EV switch mod that you don't get the EV mode indication light in the instrument cluster like a factory car would.
    Has anyone looked into as to why, could it be that particular light bulb is just missing from the socket?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    we looked. there's no cutout in the dash for an EV indicator. eventually when my husband isn't working late trying to get his car running again, we're going to pull the dash apart and try to rig something. but that won't happen till his car is working properly and it cools down outside...

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    if watching the consumption display it would be easy to know what mode you are in after you become acustomed to the car.

if you are in forced EV mode and got out of it, you will hear 3 beeps. also where would this inidicator be at?

i can see where all the lights are and i dont see anything but i could easily miss something that is small or around the speedometer area

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i believe on the euro and japanese cars it's near the speedometer area. we looked there, very closely with a flashlight. there's no little area to put a lightbulb behind. but we did think of a place or 2 to put a makeshift indicator.

5. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

The problem is, the combination meter (thats the dash and speedometer lights) probably don't decode the EV status off the CAN.
    But Atilla did decode the CAN data and found EV status, so an EV status circuit could be developed.

Its CAN code 529 byte 5. 00=normal (EV off), 40=EV mode, 80=EV Denied. Other codes seem to be EV cancelled.
    Bit 7 of the first data byte is EV button pressed.