1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For the "What were they thinking?" file.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Godiva, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Two suspects arrested in car vandalism.

"La Mesa police announced Wednesday that they arrested two teenage suspects connected to a vandalism spree that damaged almost 100 cars.

Acting on a tip, they found a pickup in the 5800 block of Amaya Drive matching the description of a vehicle seen near some of the attacks. They arrested the 17-year-old driver of the pickup and a 19-year-old man who lives in an apartment complex near where the pickup was parked Tuesday at about 4:30 p.m.

After questioning the suspects, police recovered two slingshots and several marbles in a drainage pipe near Water Street and Amaya Drive."

I think the two goofs got the idea from the reports that Tijuana police are being armed with wrist rockets and ball bearings because they're guns were confiscated.

One guy has had to replace his windshield three times.

What they don't mention in the article. Having the parents pay was mentioned on the news; not sure if that's legal but I'm all for it. They're also charging the idiots with felonies. Gee, one for each car? One year per makes it 100 years each. Go for it.

The 17 year old isn't graduating from High School. OH, and they both took turns driving and popping cars. Morons.

Maybe they'll qualify for a Darwin award after all, since they'll never procreate.

2. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have long advocated that all human males on their 16th birthday be given a rifle, a bag of sandwiches and a bottle of oxygen and be quarantined on Mars until their 25th birthday. Survivors would be brought back, but not their rifles. This is such a simple, obvious solution to 90% of the ills that afflict earth I don't know why it hasn't been adopted. Perhaps getting all those sandwiches made presents a difficulty.

3. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i 2nd that... .. but I'm only 23... let's incorporate it in a few years.

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The 19 year old legal adult lives in La Mesa (where some of the vandalism occured). The 17 year old lives in Hillcrest in San Diego.

Neither of them live in Santee or El Cajon, both of which are a drive from either La Mesa or Hillcrest.

They were out all night doing this. They did it from Saturday to Monday.

And what is a 17 year old who lives in La Mesa doing hanging out all night with a 19 year old that lives in La Mesa? Parents...do you know where your son is, with whom and what he's doing?

Hello?

5. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. nicoss

nicoss New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Feb 1 2007, 02:11 AM) [snapback]383772[/snapback]</div>

The Darwin award recipients should be their parents :angry:

7. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I definitely agree that parents should be parents, which includes instilling a sense of responsibility in their children and assuming financial responsibility if the kid does something wrong.

But I HAVE known good parents who have kids who screw up despite the parents efforts.

So maybe the parents didn't know where their kid was because they didn't care, or maybe the kid lied convincingly.