1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For those frustrated with the wait.

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Wolfman, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I did a quick search on Autotrader right before posting this message. For those who don't want the wait, let your fingers do the walking as the old Yellow Pages jingle went.

I came back with 158 cars waiting for new owners to come claim them. Keep in mind that the distances will be relative to my location in Texas. It seems to me that a plane ticket, and a three day weekend would result in alot less wait.

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/newcar_...search_type=new

2. spectre

spectre New Member

I really doubt that many (if any) of these cars are actually available.

3. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    All it takes is some time on the phone to find out. The ads with the photo's would tend to get my attention first.

4. chgomatt

chgomatt New Member

FWIW, of the 6 on that link that matched my color/package preference, 1 was sold and awaiting the purchaser to pick it up and 5 were TRAC cars that aren't for sale. But the dealers were more than happy to add me to their lists (with deposits of course).

5. laceyandiris

laceyandiris New Member

no longer waiting

I put myself on a list in late november for a package 3. After reading about the slow deliveries I followed advice from one of the many prius sites and called dealers in a radius that I was willing to drive to (3 hours). Found a package 7 and picked it up 2 1/2 weeks later. I thought long and hard about the added expense of the package upgrade, but am enjoying the doubling of my fuel economy and decreased emissions. :D :D