1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Those "On The Fence" for the '10 Prius....

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DeanFL, Jun 5, 2009.

1. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I've been on this site religiously for over two months, and enjoyed the plethora of information and guidance here. And I've read everything about Prius and hybrids. I sat in the '10 Prius in my dealer's showroom last week. Took one for a test drive this week. I know that I will buy a new car this summer - but I had the Angel / Devil on my shoulders about the Prius, must admit. Even had a $500 dep down at my local dealer (now refunded) and another $1K deposit at a more reputable one.

Still - not absolutely sure about a final decision. Then I remembered that James Healey the Auto Guru for USA Today (for 20 years), writes columns as well as reviews new cars, has an Online Chat every Friday at 2PM. So I prepared a question for him - hoping I would be chosen and receive an answer. I did, about 1/2 hour ago:

Orlando Florida: Oh Great Soothsayer, I will purchase a new car this summer. So far, pretty settled on the '10 Prius, model V. But a bit concerned that there will be another vehicle down the pike soon and I'll be remorseful. My wants - compact to midsize, mid/upper $20s, very good MPG, hatchback or fold-down seats, early in the model's cycle, sporty styling, good reliability. Any 2010s coming out besides the Prius that fit my bill? I will follow your guidance my Great Visionary

James Healey: Sounds like you've described the '10 Prius. I know of nothing else imminent that would so closely suit your want list. And now that Toyota's solved the jerkiness between gas-electric modes, it's hard to find anything about the new Prius worthy of a serious gripe. Even is something else does come along out of the blue, people who own Priuses tend to love them, so I doubt you'd feel cheated.

That iced it for me. Ironically the timing could not have been better. I got a call from the 'reputable' dealer this morning - they located my Red/Bisque V, on a ship now and will have it in about 2 weeks. Got the VIN, Port Options up to me, MSRP. Phew. I WILL now be a happy Prius owner....very soon. Phew.

1 person likes this.
  2. rcsting

rcsting Toyota Fanatic

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats Dean, post pics when you get it.

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Glad you didn't contact a "only of value if it can get to 60 MPH in under 7 seconds" reviewer, there seem to be many of them. And I read 2 reviews of the new Honda Insight, one by a guy who clearly leans hard toward Honda and one who doesn't. After reading both, it was hard to believe they reviewed the same car.

I'm sure you will appreciate your Prius. VERY functional with the front AND rear seats that fold. No problem putting 10' lumber IN the car (pad the dash) with the hatch CLOSED. Try that on a rainy day with a pickup :) You'll find new things to appreciate every day.

1 person likes this.
  4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sat in a 2010 Mazda 3 - 5 door yesterday. Had the front seat all the way back, sporty, pretty nice.

There's about 5" between front and back seat left, but I jump in back seat anyway. Talking with salesman ... ready to get out .... 'ahh .... I'm stuck ... could you move that front seat forward, please?' (My foot was stuck between floorboard and front seat :)

Mazda 3 - 5 door, Honda Fit, '10 Insight, '09 Toyo Matrix, etc...

are no match for '10 Prius front/rear seat room/quality and cargo room. And the interior dash is kinda sexy now too.

5. lauren80ryan

lauren80ryan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    :p LOL
    Yes, the interior is a bit more...james bond. :cool:

And you get more MPG, more tech gizmos...and have I mentioned this amazing solar package that cools your car when it is parked? For someone who is now in 90+ degrees through sept. this was BEAUTIFUL.:love: