1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For those who took delivery of their 2006 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by elmofongo, Jan 9, 2006.

1. elmofongo

elmofongo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sorry if these questions were already asked a lot.

How long was your wait time?
    Did you get exactly what you ordered?

-Adriano

2. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

I ordered in August specifying delivery as early in January as possible.
    I picked up Megumi on January 02 at 9:30am.
    (Very satisfied on this count.)

At the time I ordered, I let them talk me into the overpriced floormat option.
    (The deal was for $500 under MSRP so I was feeling generous.)
    I had specifically indicated that I didn't want the rear bumper applique ($65 bumper sticker).

It arrived with the applique and the preferred accessory package.
    Not enough to sour the deal but they will take a hit on their survey, first because they didn't inform me of the change and second because they claimed that they all came that way and there was nothing they could do about it, which I know from firsthand experience to be false.

3. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi Adriano.
    The current backlog delay is a little strange because of people holding off until 1/1/06 to be eligible for the 2006 hybrid tax credit.
    I put an order in for a Silver Pine Mica 2006 Prius (package #8) around 11/11/05 - but like many others, I specifically said that I would only take delivery in 2006 to get the $3150 tax credit. My dealer got their first allotment of 06 Prii around December 16th, but that was too early for me. If I had wanted a different color I could have gotten it around 1/2/06, but apperently there were only 12 of my colour/package for the whole central atlantic region.
    According to the update he gave me just this past Saturday, it is en route and it will arrive at port in Baltimore on 01/15/06, but won't be delivered to the dealership until the 20th or 21st. I really wish I could just scoop it up at the port on the 15th!
    OTOH, I saw that the dealer up the street from me had a couple of '06 models on the floor that he would have sold to me on the spot - but none of them had the package I wanted.

Hope this helps
    Dave

4. JMcPhee

JMcPhee New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I ordered an 05 package 6 in August. was told early December for delivery.
    In late november I decided to wait for an '06 package 8, and to wait till january for delivery.
    My fleet/internet manager worked with me, and my car arrived at the dealership on Friday afternoon. I picked it up within a few hours.
    It was the color (classic silver) and package (8) I wanted, and even had the Z1 floor mats and cargo net, which I wanted.
    The dealer offered to add Sirius for free with 9 mo free service and I said yes. It was installed in 45 min.

I arrived at 5pm and drove away at 9 pm (I spent a lot of time negotiating the extended warranty, service plan, tinting, and Simonizing) extremely happy!

5. BertinNC

BertinNC New Member

I had a deal with a VA dealer for $500 below MSRP in early Nov. for a package 4, but when we found out they were only getting 2,6,7,8 I called a NC dealer and placed my oder at MSRP but got him to throw in Splash Guards and Rear Bumper Protector for free. Nothing else. It was delivered on Dec. 6 but I wasn't going to take it until. Jan.1. Ends up he was able to hold it for me, against the owners wishes, and he (sales manager) even met me on Sunday, Jan. 1 after church while the dealership was closed to finish the deal because I was coming from out of town (2 hours away). Drove out with my Silver Bullet around 4:00. The only thing was it came with mats that I didn't orginially ask for but wanted them anyway so I was real happy with the whole deal.

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    MSRP, free mud guards and applique and delivery New year's Day after church?

Outstanding. I'd write Toyota a letter of commendation.

7. priusblue

priusblue New Member

Ordered on 11/28/05 - picked up on 1/2/06 at 9:30 am. Am going to get everything I ordered, but they aren't installing the extra autodim/homelink mirror or giving me the cargo net until all the financing goes through, basically. Can't really blame them on the mirror install, I guess. Did end up with splash guards that I didn't order, but happy with them. Paid MSRP. Car actually cam in Dec. 21.

8. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I"ve been on order for 2.5 months now and I expect in Feb some time, but I found a second one as a freak accident......
    Check the dealers... there are some floating around out there unspoken for, but very limited, you may not get what you want, but you may!... my wife did!.....

9. QED

QED New Member

Waited 4 months. Picked up exactly what I ordered on Jan 5. Got a little lucky when someone ahead of me on the waiting list turned down the car, so I got it a few weeks early.

Overall, worth the wait. :D

10. GraphicArtist

GraphicArtist New Member

I ordered my Pkg #6 on October 21. It got here on Dec 19. I bought it on Jan 2. My all weather floormats came in a week later. My dealer was happy to hold my car till January.

11. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ordered 9/22/05
    First 2006 Prius were delivered on the West Coast on 11/22/05
    First 2006 Prius delivered at my dealer was 12/27/05
    First 2006 Package 7/8's (included mine) delivered to my dealer 1/5/06
    Picked up my Prius 1/7/06
    Got exactly what I wanted and no extra Port add-ons

12. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I had ordered an 05 in Sept. and it arrived right around the time of the new tax credit bill, so I refused and asked to be on the list for an 06, which came in around the first week of Dec. The dealer held it for me till Jan 2 when I picked it up. Pretty painless. Paid MSRP, I chose to add extended warranty from the dealer since they will refund total amount if I don't use it. It was Silver package 8 minus the Nav.

13. ckbarnard

ckbarnard New Member

I don't remember exact dates, but I ordered an '06 #4 about Nov. 17. The salesman (Scott Fuson of Bill Wright Toyota, Bakersfield) went on vacation Thanksgiving week. About the second week of Dec, he reported he had been unable to locate a package #4 in any California region. So he made a special factory order for us. (I wanted the Vehicle Stability Control but did not want to pay thousands more for the higher end option packages.) I got to choose, of course, my exterior and interior colors. He consulted with a high-up Toyota person in the region, and was told my car would be built in February and delivered in early March. I don't enjoy waiting, but I don't HAVE to have it right now, and it's nice knowing I'll get exactly what I want! :)

14. Florida Prius

Florida Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    After searching 5 states, 9 dealers, ordered an '05 option 6 in mid September from Cincinnati. It was initially a 6-8 week wait. They called just before Thanksgiving and said another 4 weeks. They called right after Thanksgiving and said that we were getting an '06. The color changed slightly, and the option was now #7. However, because of the changes and our patience (if they only knew) they did not increase the price. Picked up Dec 27th. As posted prior, not one person advised of any type of tax incentives. I learned about that here..... Otherwise, we are very happy with SAGE.

15. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    thats what they tell you, but its misleading... do you really think if you don't use your policy, they will refund it all, how would they make any money at all?.. almost anything you would claim "especially over the life of the warranty" would surely cost big bucks.

There is a thread discussing this.

http://priuschat.com/Discounted-Toyota-Pri...acts-t3130.html

Start reading at post #18

The only way you do not use it is to not have it.... its like an insurance policy.... if you stop half way through, you would get half back "providing you had no cases" per post # 62

16. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

From what i read here I guess I lucked out. first looked at he Prius back in Aug of '05. Wasn't a one on the lot to test drive. Yesterday I stopped by Toyota of Orange, Orange, CA and jokingly I told the guy what I wanted. He said we'll work it out. He did and I drove home with my Prius same day. Today is Day 2 and am just getting used to it and asking a lot of questions. I got Pkg 3 with chrome wheels and the oh so very cool backup camera. My wife says when I use it I have to say "Up backing I'm careful"

17. mmfjj

mmfjj Junior Member

Ordered Seaside/Gray Pkg 6 in early october, with a $500 refundable deposit. Price was strictly MSRP, in writing. Dealer made a mild attempt to bundle floor mats but cheerfully took no for an answer and didn't even try to bring up anything else.

Changed the order to Pkg 7 in late November. Car arrived in late December. Took delivery on Jan 2. Got exactly what I wanted for exactly what I expected to pay. Was never offered to take a different color/pkg along the way. All in all, a pretty easy transaction.

Hey, the car sold itself! The dealer made thousands from just a few emails and faxes to me. What more do they want?

Good luck!

18. driverx

driverx New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I ordered mine on mid Nov for Jan 1st pick up.
    Seaside Ivory #7 got here on mid December.
    I picked up mine on Jan 1st.

MSRP but they added the all weather mats and got me a free rental car (05 Prius) for a couple of weeks until Jan 1st.

Excellent service. Highly recommend. Toyota Town in Stockton.

I went to the Davis Toyota (Hanlee). They offer $500 off MSRP for Costco members but waiting list is over 3 month.

19. elmofongo

elmofongo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for all the responses.
    I just got on the list (I'm a late starter) for a 2006 pkg #6
    I'm going to decide on the color this week after seeing floor models.
    I was told 3 months wait.
    Expecting to pay MSRP. Some dealers in the area
    are giving $350-$500 off for costco members.

I also just found out that I might not qualify for the tax credit
    due to AMT. I don't think it will affect my decision.

I just hope there will still be CA HOV stcikers available
    by the time I get my car.

-adriano

20. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I ordered my '06 black package #8 in the middle of last September. I don't remember the exact date. My car arrived last week but my salesman is holding my car until this Saturday because I am trying to find some better finance rates. I think it's nice of him that he is able to hold it for so long. And this Thursday they are installing the SIRIUS radio which I get for free for 9 months! :lol: