1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For those with the Coastal NAV Enhancement Kit WITH BT

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by aaf709, Jun 16, 2006.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have the NAV Enhancement Kit from Coastal without BT. I have a couple of questions for those who have the kit with BT.

1) Where is the install? On mine it connects to the unit under the seat. I understand it installs up in the MFD area. Is that true?

2) What do you see when it's in operation (ie pressing DEST for the first time after power up)? On mine it does the NAV software trick that's been around since July '05. Does it do the same, or does the greyed out areas become active after about a second?

The reason I'm asking is that if it installs in the MFD and the greyed out areas become active after about a second (as opposed to the NAV trick), this may work with the 2006 NAV systems. I suspect the kit electonically "cuts" the speed sensor wires, but I don't know as I haven't seen that type in operation.