1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford EV rangers

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by hjon71, Mar 25, 2006.

1. hjon71

hjon71 Junior Member

Just wanted to tell whoever may be interested.
    I just found 3 Ford ranger EV trucks for auction.
    Go to www.govdeals.com
    Look under Trucks light duty.
    These trucks DO NOT run now. But all parts are there, including charging station.
    I know nothing about these trucks. Just thought I'd put it out there.

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

How is it possible to beat up a truck so badly in less than 12K miles? Love to buy just don't know enough to tell if it is a good deal or not. How about darelldd your an EV guy know anything about these trucks???

Wildkow

3. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Eeek! Unless you are just itching for a project to keep you from being bored or rich for the next couple of years... stay away!

When driven daily, these trucks do a reasonable job of continuing to fuction (for Fords!). When allowed to sit, you're in trouble. The easiest part to replace is the battery pack (reconditioned for $5-$6k). The harder part is all the unique little pumps and such that sieze up when they aren't used.

There are plenty of running Ranger EVs on Ebay right now - many NiMH with good range.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks I'm thinking about doing my own conversion of a small pickup. I thought maybe the Ranger EV would cut down on a lot of the work, doesn't sound like it though. Wouldn't be used a lot cause we just bought a 06 Prius and Highlander but something to haul stuff with and tinker on would be kuhl. :)

Wildkow

p.s. Would love to own a RAV4 EV. :D

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Of course they don't run. They're Fords.