1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford Fusion is Motor Trend's 2010 Car of the Year

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Let's take a moment to applaud the fine piece of engineering that is the Ford Fusion Hybrid. Congrats to Ford for putting together a great car. 2010 Motor Trend Car of the Year: Ford Fusion

1 person likes this.
  2. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    SUPERB!

This actually goes a long way. Motor Trend top vehicles are often published in myriad of automobile publications, and the manufacturers often use the endorsement in commercials. The best part is that Motor Trend chose the Fusion because, well, because they think it is the best car of the year.

I have been seeing more and more here in SoCal, but from what I've been hearing the Fusion is selling really well in the rest of the United States where people are much more likely to buy American automobiles.

1 person likes this.
  3. timo27

timo27 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I drove a Fusion hybrid, and really liked it. A lot. It drove more like a 'real' car than any hybrid I've driven. It was a little out of my price range, but the only dealbreaker was the fact that the back seats cannot fold down, and I need cargo area. (To be fair, other hybrid sedans I'm aware of--Camry, Altima--suffer from this problem). Also, I really wanted to buy American, but I wound up with a Prius--happily so, mostly (hey, nothing's perfect).

1 person likes this.
  4. acdii

acdii Active Member

I have the Sport, just like the one pictured, same color. It is a very fine car. The non Hybrid versions not only have folding rear seats, the front passenger seat folds down too for transporting long objects. MT did get it right this time for COTY, it truely is a good car. Now if only they could do something about the price of the hybrid, it was out of my price range too, would have been more affordable had they had 0% financing on it.

5. kens

kens New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I'm a former Prius owner (2005 Prius, sold to my inlaws, who love it), current FFH owner, and likely future Prius owner when we replace our 2nd car.

The FFH really is a great car. The tradeoffs with the Prius are clear cut: Prius wins on price, MPG and hatchback versatility whereas FFH wins on driving/handling/comfort and on safety (simply due to being bigger).

Edit: added "price" to things where Prius beats FFH.

6. jcherpack

jcherpack Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought my 2010 Prius in August after agonizing between that or a FFH. The Ford was incredibly smooth, great handling and fun to drive. But it's a lot of car compared to a Prius - meaning, it's bigger and is definitely says "family sedan"/Accord competitor. Also, the display was videogame-like and juvenile for my taste. The interior fit and finish wasn't even close to the sleek tightness of the 2010 Prius. And it was much more expensive even qualifying for Federal rebate where my new Prius no longer did. And in the end, the Prius struck me as unique and cool, esp with the updated, 2010 body design. But it was a very tough decision between Prius and FFH and I'd definitely recommend the FFH for those to whom it appeals.