1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford Hybrid Problems ?

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by sdctcher, Apr 25, 2005.

1. sdctcher

sdctcher New Member

I love my car but one of the benefits of having an internet with locations where FEH owners can exchange data is an early warning system for problems with the model year so we can get data to the engineers so they can fix them in our cars and in the next model year.

As recently as yesterday I have posted opinions on websites lauding the lack of bugs in the 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid.

I am looking for reports from owners or from others who have heard about problems.

I have documented at least three instances of rear auxillary coolant pump (for the battery) failures since January, several of which were personally investigated by Ford Engineers. All of these caused the car to roll to a stop without warning. Two of these happened in high altitudes and in warmer climates.

I have reports of a catastrophic brake failure which caused an owner to use the emergency brake. This was diagnosed as an ABS Module failure.

As far as I know there is currently no recall nor TSB in affect for these. Unfortunately, in order to access TSBs we must purchase a subscription from Motorcraft or others.

Tonight I noticed a lack of power to my 110 volt outlet. There is still 110 volts but almost no current to run something. I want to document others who seem to be having an inverter failure.

Please post any information that I can pass on to Ford. Please be aware that I will probably email you in order to authenticate claims of problems.

Thanks,
    Mike