1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford Hybrids To Be Built With Solar Power !

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Rybold, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Ford Hybrids To Be Built With Solar | Renewable Energy World

2012 Ford Focus:
    [​IMG]

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Good for them!
    It's a great start. It's great how, in addition to the PV, they will analyze usage. Too many people put up off-the-grid power only to increase their consumption comparably.

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Hmm, 500 kw. Well, that will run what, three machines? But as they said, it's a start. ;)

I'm -sure- it's for brownie points though. So I give them one.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Our 7.1Kwh PV system affords us a nice big electricity surplus, as well as canceling out our electric bill completely. Back in our pre PV days, our electric bill used to average in the mid $200's per month. We use a ton of juice due to running businesses out of the home. Our 7.1Kwh system, after tax credits cost over $30K. 7.1Kwh is less than 1-1/2% of a 500kwh system. So even after taxes Ford easily spent between 1.75 & 2 million to go PV, which will eliminate over $150K a year in electricity costs.

Detroit: YouTube videos reveal how most of the city looks like it's on a high speed elevater to hell ... looking worse than many bombed out war zones. It's kind of ironic that while Ford at least trys to bring life back into the corpse that Detroit is - that some would intimate that Ford is only making a start. Most would say that Ford's Fusion hybrid and Ford's Escape SUV hybrid are more than "at least it's a start". Maybe I missed it, but I don't see very many others rushing to pull Detroit off its death watch. IMO, I have to give Ford a whole bunch of "atta boy's".
    :rockon: