1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford Pride...

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by texassalsa04, Jan 23, 2004.

1. texassalsa04

texassalsa04 New Member

...lots of stuff Toyota has already done and to some extent, perfected.

Taken from the Escape newsletter...

"Q: What are you most proud of about the Escape Hybrid?

Ernie Prior - Powertrain Launch Leader. The way the team has worked together to achieve performance and fuel economy objectives. No small feat when you consider that this is the first time anyone has attempted to build a full hybrid SUV!

Jim Castellano - Help streamline the production process. I am most proud of some of the new features we will be offering that allow the owner to see how the hybrid system is operating as they are driving. These features will help customers optimize their driving style to get the best fuel economy possible.

Q: What are your sources of inspiration?

Raul Samardzich - Manager in charge of the Powertrain and Electrical Drive system.The Escape Hybrid program is a great example of how Ford Motor Company is reinforcing its environmental leadership. The fact that this vehicle program plays such an important role for the company is a source of inspiration and motivates my desire to succeed.

Paul Jakubik - Making sure the vehicle is easily serviceable by our dealers.That this is the frontier of a new technology. We can make a difference for the world. It starts here and now. I also think that Mary Ann Wright (Chief Engineer) has brought a lot to this team. She keeps us focused on objectives yet supports team members at the same time. She has an energy that you can’t help but respond to. It’s like you know she’s on the winning team and you want to be part of it."

2. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Looked at the Hybrid Escape in Detroit. Prius is a more comfortable and roomy vehicle. Also, Ford system is 300v.....Prius is 500v...Escape is underpowered at least from the electric drive part of it. At least Ford is making an attempt. I see that Toyota passed Ford as the #2 vehicle manufacturer in the world. Look out GM....