1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford recalling 1.2 million trucks and vans

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Rancid13, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I know how diligent Expedition always is in making sure to keep us Prius owners abreast of any and all Toyota-related recalls; hopefully this returns the favor somewhat. ;) :lol: :rolleyes:

Ford recalling 1.2 million trucks and vans

Recall is in addition to 4.6 million recalled last year for potential fire hazard.

Thursday, August 3, 2006; Posted: 3:01 p.m. EDT (19:01 GMT)

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Ford Motor Co. is recalling 1.2 million large pick-up trucks, SUVs and vans because of a problem with the vehicles' cruise control system that could lead to a fire.

This recall is in addition to a total of 4.6 million Ford vehicles that were recalled for the same problem last year.

The vehicles being recalled are: certain model year 1994 to 2002 F-250 through F-550 Super Duty trucks; 2000-2002 Excursion SUVs; 1994 to 1996 Econoline vans; 1996 to 2002 E-450 vans and 1998 Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer SUVs.

Full Article

2. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Maybe Expedition is busy putting out fires.....

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Aug 3 2006, 01:23 PM) [snapback]297228[/snapback]</div>
    Ouch! :lol: Name notwithstanding, I'm pretty sure he (she?) drives an Exploder, I mean Explorer. :eek:

4. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ford has been really in the news today. They had also posted large losses for this period. Toyota outsold them. I can't find the article from this morning, but I'll keep looking. I don't see where companies like Ford and GM are going survive without making changes from their current directions. They have got to get their heads out of the sand (or where ever)

5. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes, where is our troll Expedition when we actually need him??

The recall isn't much of a fix though. It's just a new wiring harness with a bloody inline fuse, so if brake fluid leaks and causes a short, the fuse blows. Big deal.

Though I suppose if that keeps your house from burning down and incinerating your beloved cat, then perhaps it's a good enough "fix."

Hasn't Ford learned anything over the years? Never mind the Pinto bursting into flames and roasting people. How about all those Ford's with the defective ignition switch that would cause a fire?

I have a 1984 Ford F-150 at my hobby farm, and I only hook up the negative battery cable when I actually intend to use the thing.

6. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayman @ Aug 8 2006, 07:54 PM) [snapback]299884[/snapback]</div>
    Interesting that other cars with the same "defective" part don't have the same problem that Ford guzzlers have. They can't blame the part maker the way they blamed Firestone several years ago. Ford may be going down in flames (no pun intended) because it's bad enough getting only 9 miles per gallon without having the guzzler burst in to flames.

7. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(withersea @ Aug 3 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]297228[/snapback]</div>
    I'll take his place for the moment... :p

...and how many vehicles did Ford put on the road within all those years?

y