1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford Resale & Residual Values Soar

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Aegison, May 17, 2010.

1. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We've had many threads discussing the sharp decrease in the resale and (for lease purposes) residual values of Toyota vehicles. Here's a view from the other side of the tracks.

Ford's resale & residual values have soared. Here are three excerpts from the article cited below:

• On average, Farley said, Ford vehicles five years old or less are now selling for $3,000 more at auction than they were a year ago.
    • Consumers are finally giving Ford Motor Co. credit for its quality gains, translating into higher residual values and auction prices for its used cars and trucks. And that means lower lease prices for its customers.
    • During the same [6 month] period, ALG said the average residual value of Ford's cars increased by $2,400, while the industry as a whole saw only a $616 increase.
    As has been discussed to death on this site, Toyota's struggles have had the opposite effects [except that Toyota Financial's residuals for lease rates still look reasonably good], as resale values have dropped significantly. [not a quote from article]

Article at:
    Auto Lease Guide: Ford shows biggest gains in quality | detnews.com | The Detroit News

2. stevemcelroy

stevemcelroy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It makes sense that Ford is doing well - from all accounts that I have heard they have been doing an exceptional job on all fronts. If I happened to be looking for a car I'd probably have to at least give them a look and in the past I never would have.