1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ford's Rating of Presidents from Truman to Clinton

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Chuck., Jan 13, 2007.

1. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    See http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/12/ford.pres...s.ap/index.html

Truman - excellent, probably considered 2nd best Pres. of his lifetime
    Eisenhower - best Pres. of his lifetime
    Kennedy - "overrated"
    LBJ - did not mention, but he probably did not rate highly
    Nixon - high marks on foreign policy
    Ford - would not rate himself
    Carter - "worst Pres. of his lifetime, along with Harding", but later on seemed to hint he was average
    Reagan - "overrated" Ford thought the Helsinki Accords during his administration shifted the Warsaw pact from Stalinism and undermined it more than the arms race of the 80's. Thought Reagan was a poor manager
    HGW Bush - high marks for Gulf War I, high marks for Gulf War I (a little Dana Carvey there :D )
    Clinton - average
    GW Bush - did not give an evaluation - "I did not know him well enough", but Ford opposed Gulf War II

2. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I thought the Russian (poor) economy did more to bring them down...also, Poland's unions fighting back along with the Polish Pope. That has been the difference between Russia and China. China's economy is booming...can you find anything not made in China?

3. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Jan 14 2007, 12:23 AM) [snapback]375144[/snapback]</div>

How "well enough" does one have to know GWB to know that he is the worst president in history. George accomplished enough criminal incompetence during Ford's life time to easily surpass Carter or Harding. All of the above presidents shine in comparison with George II. Carter has done wonderful things in his ex-presidency when the norm for ex-presidency is to rake in millions doing speaking gigs, creating self-congratulating libraries, or playing golf with corporate honchos.

Bob

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Delta Flyer @ Jan 13 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]375144[/snapback]</div>
    I pretty much agree except for Reagan and would have graded LBJ a "C" and I agree on not rating a sitting President - President Ford had class all the way till the end.

Carter I think is going lower especially after 14 of his Center's own members resigned in response to his anti-Semetic book. I wish he would follow President Ford and just sit back and relax and keep himself out of the spotlight - a total embarresment. And it turns out he was giving arafart PR advice on the QT - geez is that not bordering on treason - oops forgot Carter hates America?