1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Former 2000 323i BMW Owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by priusrick, Sep 21, 2011.

1. priusrick

priusrick Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Now I'm a 2011 Prius III w/ Nav, owner and am pretty happy so far. Good level of comfort and quality. My mpg is around 52 so far, working on getting it higher but significantly better than I thought I would get driving highway 90 miles a day. I hate the rims and the shifter, that's about it![​IMG] [​IMG]

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Congrats and welcome to PC.

If by rims you mean the wheel covers, they are hiding styled alloy wheels underneath. If you don't like those either, the aftermarket will surely have something for you.

1 person likes this.
  3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Glad you're enjoying your new motor. The mpg's seem to get better as the car beds in. The rims aren't great but the tyres are cheaper. One thing to check are your tyre pressures. If they're below the limit your mpg's will suffer.

Also, 'eco' mode (pressing the eco button switches it on and off - light on dash to confirm) reduces the output from the a/c and only gives negligible improvement in fuel economy.

You'll be kicking yourself you didn't change earlier once you see how much money you'll now be saving :)

4. priusrick

priusrick Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like the shifter, ok, but with the adapter it sticks out a little further than I would like. I like the Wheel Caps and I think Im done for a while. I'd like a better shift knob and 17" black rims, but this will do for now.

Any other editions I should be making???

5. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum!