1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Former Happy Lexus Owner- Now a Very Happy Prius Owner!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by born2run, Mar 13, 2008.

1. born2run

born2run Born2Run

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have had my used, nearly new 2006 Magnetic Gray #8 for 3 weeks now. I gave up my Lexus GS300 which I still take occassional longing glances at...while it sits in my driveway...under the car cover...with the For Sale sign on the window..while it's listed on Craigslist. My GS was the best car I have ever owned. Not a problem in 7+ years, comfortable, safe, heavy. Oh, and did I mention it got 19 mpg? I have loved that car like a family member but like someone else said, it get's harder and harder to justify sinking $4/gal of premium fuel in her belly just for a trip up the freeway every day.

Although I miss her, I have never had more fun driving a car (except when I had my 85 Mazda RX-7. Oh, and my 79 convertible bug) than I have had with my Prius. This car is really and truly a technological marvel. And I expect it to be every bit as reliable as my GS. I love watching the consumption and energy gauges. I love waiving to my [former Dodge] mechanic on the way to work. I love passing by my gas station each week where I used to load up weekly. I love my bluetooth phone, my Aux MP3 player, 6 disc changer, leather seats, nearly instant heat on the heater in the cold 40 deg mornings, and the fun navigation system.

I feel like the ultimate nerd but I get up in the morning and can't wait to get in the car and go to work...that is, until I get to work...and then I can't wait to get back in the car to drive home. Now, I drive slower so I have less stress so I can get better mileage and so I can prolong my time inside my new girlfriend. (Oops, I didn't mean that to sound the way it reads--after all, I'm happily married with 3 kids.) But I almost feel like a school kid and kind of wonder when this giddines will wear off. Geez, I'm afraid I'm going to get into an accident playing around with all these cool gadgets, buttons, and displays!

I've already installed mud flaps, turned off the backup beep, reprogrammed the doors so they all open at the same time, purchased side moulding but haven't installed yet because it's still too cold out, uploaded my phone numbers, bought the MP3 Aux cable for my player, and purchased the black rear bumper guard. I honestly haven't had this much fun with a car since my very first one. Does it ever get old??

Thanks to all the PC members who have helped educate me to this wonderful car and all its amazing features. I look forward to being back on this site many times.

....Now for just one more peek under the car cover skirt of my Lexus in the driveway...still no offers...[sigh]

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, born2run! It hasn't gotten old for me. I just got another one when my wife got dissatisfied (with her Sienna, not me!). Happy driving!

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My coworkers refer to my Prius as my GF and my Ford Explorer as my Ex-Wife. :D

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Hey !
    Aint nothing wrong w/ a Lexus ...
    Hybrid, that is :D

[​IMG]

We traded in our Gas Pig Range Rover (only 11-12mpg) for this puppy (which can get over 31mpg even tho it's kind of an AWD) ... and we DIDN'T look longingly at it in the driveway. But still, I feel your pain ... at least it's aint as much a gas pain. Now if we could just convince Lexus to stop making their gas slurping low mpg cars into hybrids, and have 'em crank out some high mpg cars ... it'd be a good thing. There is a rumor that such a Lexus is on the horizon.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!!

Yeah it'll be a while before the giddiness wears off.

6. frank502

frank502 New Member

Model:
    III
    This has been an informative post. Like you I have a Lexus, a 1996. After some thought, I have decided to donate it to charity and purchase a new vehicle. The ol' Lexus has been fabulous , easy to drive and completely loaded with all the options. t Saturday I took a Prius II for a test and the difference was other-worldly. I was amazed at the feel. It had a genetic anti-Detroit manner. Anyway, good to hear the thoughts of a Lexus owner who made the transition.

7. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just watch out for that "sticky pedal" the Government says we are supposed to have.
    Any sticky pedals out there?

8. Prius/lexus

Prius/lexus New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome to the club! Hey you don't have to give up your love 4 Lexus! Look on my page I converted my Prius to a Lexus! I posted pics! It turns heads everywhere! Lotsa fun!

9. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome to the cult, I mean club.